Another list of bullet points about ORAS! I really have nothing clever to say, so let's get on with it. As usual, I'll update this post throughout the day if there's anything else.
- Giratina, Kyurem and Landorus indeed require the other members of their trios, but if I'm understanding this correctly (as per Serebii allegedly finding Landorus with genies imported from gen 5) you don't need the opposite legendary to come from the other game, they can come from gens 4 and 5 and it'll still work.
- A Pokémon that was previously unable to get its hidden ability can now get it. Unfortunately, it's not a starter or a legendary, but rather Dragalge. Oh well, at least Adaptability blows everything it had previously out of the water.
- Serebii's scrambling to figure out how to get Regigigas, and right now, as of this writing, it seems like NICKNAMING POKÉMON of all things somehow triggers the encounter. Of course Serebii's extremely skeptical ("I refuse to accept that" and "There's no way in hell that could be it" were his exact words), and so am I, but somehow it's the most believable theory we have.
- You don't have to play a crappy mini-game to make Pokéblocks anymore. You just pick four berries to blend, and bam, instant Pokéblock. So at least you can get to the contests slightly quicker that way. Speaking of contests, I wonder if Claydol dominates everything the same way it did back then?
UPDATE, 12:06 PM
- Regigigas confirmed to be obtained by bringing all three Regis to Island Cave in the day, with Regice holding a Castelia Cone and being nicknamed. An NPC in Pacifidlog gives hints for all of these... but DIFFERENT PLAYERS GET DIFFERENT HINTS. Castlevania 2, eat your heart out. This is the most convoluted thing ever in a Pokémon game. At least the truck thing in RBY was fake...
UPDATE, 4:55 PM
- Deoxys is officially no longer an event Pokémon! Well, technically so is Mew, but you have to jump through so many hoops to get it that I don't think it counts. Anyway, level 80 Deoxys is catchable during Episode Delta, and it appears to be in its Ruby/Sapphire form. Luckily, one Pokémon that's forced into your party is...
- ...the unstoppable juggernaut that is Mega Rayquaza! Smogon confirms that Mega Rayquaza is indeed affected by its held item (contrary to most people's wishful thinking, who hoped it would come with a Klutz-like effect), so it definitely seems like Arceus' reign of terror has come to an end! Hoo boy, can't wait to see those usage stats. By the way, it can't mega evolve without Dragon Ascent. Oh noes, it needs its best move to mega evolve! This is such an unfair restriction! ...no, really, this IS unfair. Who the fuck is NOT going to have one on their team?