Sunday, January 19, 2014

The quest for Nita: RNJesus giveth, RNJesus taketh away

Well, that's two down, with a perfect Durant (again, except for special attack) newly hatched. However, unlike what you may be led to believe, the hardest part was not the breeding, but rather finding a Truant Durant to start with. It took me nearly two hours to find one, despite using a Sweet Scent Victreebel to trigger horde encounters on command. Seriously, I'm almost amazed I didn't find a single shiny, whether it's a Geodude, a Durant or even the one Heatmor I ran into. It felt THAT long. Anyway, after two hours of searching I FINALLY found one, and it was female, meaning I didn't have to breed it with a Ditto just to get a female with Truant without looking on route 18 for another two hours. Point is, if you can ever get DW abilities from both horde battles and the Friend Safari, ALWAYS go for the latter. Too bad this wasn't an option for Durant.

Anyway, this Durant didn't have any lucky 31s, though I didn't really expect it to. I paired it up with my quad-31 male Heracross from yesterday (which was Jolly with an Everstone, naturally), and the first egg I got was a female with 31s in defense, special defense and speed - thankfully it retained Truant, which it has a 60% chance of doing. So I put that one in the daycare along with that Ditto from yesterday that had perfect HP and attack, and after six eggs or so I got yet another female with Truant and 31s in HP, attack and defense. In order to maximize my chances, I then bred that one with the Heracross from before, and on my first egg I obtained a perfect male Durant.

So if you're keeping count, I now have two perfect Pokémon, and needed to hatch less than 20 eggs to do so. Next step might be the hardest, most notably due to the 7:1 gender ratio for Torchic. Basically, I need a female Jolly Torchic with Baton Pass to get started on the IV breeding process. Easier said than done - I'll review the whole process to make sure I do everything in the proper order. The nice part is that I don't need either attack or special attack, so when I get to the IV breeding part things will be a bit easier - except that, as I said before, it's tricky to get a good mother. And yes, it does feel horribly wrong to be making a Blaziken with no attacks... but it goes to show just how bloody good the thing is.

12 comments:

  1. I'm on the Torchic phase now. It isn't too hard asides from the first part where you want to breed a Speed Boost Female Torchic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can give you a Ditto with all 6 max IVs if that would help. I am able to clone Pokemon so it's no big deal for me to give out free flawless Ditto. It's from Japan too so on top of flawless IVs it also works for the masuda method. I got it from a friend who also clones Pokemon and he got it from some girl on Facebook. You already have my friend code and I'm Food in game. So if you would like it I can clone one real quick and trade it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also a note to anybody else reading that. I'm only offering it for Slowflake and nobody else. I don't want to become the guy who gives out free Pokemon like candy.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, but I'm okay. At this rate it seems like I'll have a male BP-less Speed Boost Blaziken with perfect IVs before I get a female I can use to get Baton Pass into the chain.

      Delete
    3. Oh, and besides, I'm highly suspicious of a "legitimate" Ditto with perfect IVs, since these can't be bred. Even in the Friend Safari, the odds of that happening are 1 in 1048576. So I'd rather have no part in hacking and cloning shenanigans.

      Delete
    4. Well I don't know if it was hacked because I got it from other people. Also I'm not sure how to check if it was hacked. All I know is it is real. But it's fine if you don't want it.

      Delete
    5. Though if "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region." means it was hacked then it was hacked I guess. Because that is a very odd sounding description.

      Delete
    6. So if it's from Sinnoh, then the odds from before are under 1 in one billlion. Nope, not legit. This has Pokésav written all over it.

      Delete
    7. Oh I just checked and it's not rejected by the GTS. I'm not 100% sure but I believe hacked Pokemon get rejected in GTS. So as far as I can tell it is legit.

      Delete
    8. But then again I'm clueless. when it comes to these sort of things so I'm sure you know better than I do.

      Delete
    9. Well anyways I wish you luck with this challenge. I'm about to try making the same team you are and see if I can get that 100 wins too.

      Delete
    10. Only obvious hacks get rejected by the GTS. It's entirely possible to make a hack that's perfectly indistinguishable from a legitimate Pokémon, and these can go through the GTS no problem. As far as I'm aware, the only way to ensure a Pokémon is legit is if it's born in Kalos.

      Delete