Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Sonic fanbase is terrifying

But you knew that already. Anyway, contrary to popular belief, Memebase sometimes (SOMETIMES) hits the nail on the head. Look at this for example. It's funny because it's true... just look at some of the comments for crying out loud. This is scary beyond words... how can so many people think making crappy Sonic recolors is something that's socially acceptable? Why is this encouraged? WHY? The meme highlights the fucked-up part, there are so many of them that odds are at least one has your name on it. I tried the exercise with my anglicized diminutive (which is a common, if extremely boring and unoriginal, name), and, well... goddammit. Feel free to try this yourself and share the results!

(By the way, I won't make another blog entry about the leaks today just because I posted this, I'll just keep editing the one below, so keep checking that out.)

8 comments:

  1. Just a fair warning: don't try this if you value your innocence, like, at all. It's too late for me. Save yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently mine is hacked into Brawl and looks like a poor man's Silver. Which is odd because I actually DO make mods of SSBB except unlike this guy I don't just recolors a character and call it a day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you should be giving memebase credit for anything simply because they reposted something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look, I know all about that. It's not the point I was trying to make, though.

      Delete
  4. Mine looks like some guys poor attempt at making a hedgehog look really hot or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What next is a Sonic and Pikachu re-color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine wasn't even trying to be original. It was another blue hedgehog, just drawn differently from Sonic. And even then it might just be the "artist" sucking at drawing and deciding to call his failure an original character since he couldn't get an actual Sonic done right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, one of the results had hipster glasses. Make of that what you will

      Delete