Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New YouTube layout shoved down our throats on March 7

That's right, if you enjoy the current layout, take a good, long look at it, because in one more week it'll be gone. As promised, I will wait until the very last second and let YouTube switch over on its own. I'd like to remind everyone that this is NOT my choice, and in fact if I did have a choice I would still have the layout we used to have back when I first started LPing.

I would also like to point out that I woke up two or three times to YouTube changing the layout on its own without asking me, so I had to restore the old one manually each time. Just great.

4 comments:

  1. I think the main complaint I have with Youtube's constant fucking with channel and site layout is they give no indication of what exactly they're trying to achieve - it's all just "hi you're going to use the new layout now".

    A while back they introduced a new homepage which had a vaguely inbox-like feel which was absolutely brilliant because that's how I use my subscriptions - they're almost all episodic, so I watch each video once and then don't care about the fact they exist. Then they got rid of that and replaced it with the current newsfeed-like layout which for me is just clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should compose a tribute/requiem or something for the old layout... And the sad part is that I'm dead serious... As open-minded as I can be with changes, I can't deny how horrible and simply unpractical the new channel layout is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose there's a greasemonkey layout to override this, is there? (I can hope, anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bunch of lesser minds and inbreds, that use their brain(lol) to poop the new youtube layout

    ReplyDelete